1 New York Style Pita Fold (023)
5 slices Chicago Style Pre-Cooked Gyro Slices (189)
1 oz. Thinly Sliced Mushrooms
1 oz. Thinly Sliced Onions
1 oz. Thinly Sliced Green Pepper Strips
1 slice Provolone Cheese
2 tbsp. A1 Sauce
1. Thaw pita bread (thaw enough for day’s usage) in bags out of box at room temperature at least 3 hours prior to use. Do not refrigerate bread.
2. Place thawed Grecian Delight Gyro Slices on a heated (350-375) flat top grill, cook on both sides for approximately 20 seconds per side. Serve immediately.
Tip: Thaw Gyro slices under refrigeration (33F-40F) for 24 hours before cooking
3. Lightly oil one side of the pita bread with vegetable or corn oil
4. Place on a heated (350-375) flat top grill cook pita bread on both sides for 20-30 seconds per side to a light brown color
Tip: Do not use any flavored oils on pita, this will change the taste of the pita. (Use liquid margarine product to add flavor to your pita bread)
5. Take pita bread from grill and place pita bread with bumpy side up on sandwich paper
Tip: Never serve pita with the bumpy side on the outside of sandwich, the appearance
of the gyro is not appealing to the customer
6. Place thinly sliced onions, mushrooms and green peppers on a heated flat top grill
Tip: Onions and mushroom should be sliced approximately 1/16” thick, green peppers should be ½” strips.
7. Mix Gyro meat slices, onions, peppers and mushrooms with A1 sauce on flat top grill and place on the warm pita bread
Tip: If gyro meat is cold you can reheat slices on a flat top grill. Do not add any oil to
8. Slice Provolone cheese into two halves place on top of sandwich.
Tip: You can substitute mozzarella cheese for sandwich.
9. Wrap sandwich and serve
Tip: Sandwich should be served hot to the customer. If you make sandwiches ah