Before you huddle around the table tomorrow with friends, family and your closest loved ones, be sure you have a plan for all those Thanksgiving leftovers. To help you prepare for the feast after the feast, our own Chef Tom Leo developed 6 new tasty recipes using all of your delicious leftovers with a Mediterranean twist.
Cranberry Greek Yogurt Dip
Mediterranean Turkey Nuggets
Pumpkin Cranberry Parfait
Turkey & Bacon Panini
Turkey & Stuffing Bombs
See the recipes here and look for Chef Tom on Chicago’s WGN-tv news around 9:30 AM on Friday. He’ll be demo’ing a few of the favorites listed here.
With much to be thankful for this year, Grecian Delight Foods wishes all of our employees, customers and friends a very happy Thanksgiving. Eat well! Read More...
Over the past 2 months we've shared with you 6 easy, yet delectable, flatbread pizza menu additions. According to Food Genius reports, flatbreads are versatile and can be often be found as entrees 54% of the time, as appetizers 28% of the time and as a small plate 11% of the time. This gives you several options for incorporating flatbread pizzas onto your menu.
For the past few years, we've seen flatbread pizzas popping up everywhere from SUBWAY to Pizza Hut. But the trend started in fine dining decades before as a way to offer customers something they are familiar with – pizza, while allowing a sampling of extraordinarily high-end ingredients like artisan cheeses, exotic vegetables and far-from-mainstream meats.
Grecian Delight Foods' corporate chef Tom Leo talks Taste of Greektown with Steve Cochran on WGN radio 720.
To celebrate May being International Mediterranean Diet Month, we are sharing some of our favorite recipes that align with the Mediterranean Diet. Comment below to let us know what you think of them!
They say breakfast is the most important start to the day. In about 10 minutes, you can get your day started with a delicious taste of the Mediterranean right from your own kitchen.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 One Republic Pita Wrap
- 2 large eggs
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 2 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 4 oz. Greek yogurt (optional)
- Fresh fruit or honey (optional)
- Warm ½ teaspoon of EVOO in a small-to-medium-sized skillet over medium heat
- Add spinach and cook for about 1 minute until wilted. Transfer to a plate
- Break eggs into a dish and beat lightly.
- Pour eggs into warmed skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add spinach back into the pan in the middle of the eggs. Top with feta and fold sides of eggs toward middle for an omelets. Set aside on plate.
- Add other ½ teaspoon of EVOO to hot skillet.
- Add Pita Wrap to skillet and warm for 30 seconds. Flip and warm other side for 30 seconds.
- Place omelet onto Pita Wrap, fold and serve.
Tip: Buy plain Greek yogurt and add your own ingredients like fresh fruit or honey for a healthy side. The flavored yogurt you can buy contains excess sugar and doesn’t taste as good as what you can create quickly at home.Read More...